WOMEN IN BUSINESS tells the story of the exceptional women—past and present—who have taken the world of business by storm. Told by female business leaders themselves, this is a candid exploration of what it takes to make it and a celebration of the extraordinary individuals who, over the course of 50 years, have proven—on Wall Street, in corporate America or business empires of their own—that a woman’s place is wherever she believes it to be. Some of the featured business leaders include Ursula Burns, the CEO of Xerox and the first African-American woman to head a Fortune 500 company; Sallie Krawcheck, Wall Street powerhouse and current owner of the global networking platform for women, Ellevate (formerly 85 Broads); Indra Nooyi, CEO of Pepsi Co; and Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, whose provocative book, Lean In, ignited a national conversation about women, feminism and equality in the workplace. Women in Business is narrated by Julianna Margulies.
Jenn Scalia knows people don’t respond well when they feel they’re being sold to. That’s why she created the “experience marketing” technique. In this episode of MODERN ONTRAPRENEUR, she shares this method for bringing customers on a journey, how she learned to shine on stage despite being an introvert, and why breaking down complexities is her go-to approach.
Subscribe to the MODERN ONTRAPRENEUR Podcast:
Want to see more great content for ambitious entrepreneurs? We’re experts on small business and marketing : http://bit.ly/2npCwVY
Can Women Do Business in Dubai, Sara Al Madani Interview – On my quest to seek women in power around the world, I have found a woman in power in Dubai. Dr. Sara Al Madani is a public speaker, honorary doctor, serial entrepreneur and has her own fashion line. Her opinions on leadership are so on point, and you’ll be interested to know her advice on business, relationships and more!
✅ Start building your empire. Grab Elena Cardone’s book, Build An Empire: https://elenacardone.com/products/
✅ If you enjoyed ‘Can Women Do Business in Dubai, Sara Al Madani Interview’, make sure to subscribe for more great videos and info:
✅ Where to follow and listen to Elena Cardone:
Elena Cardone started her career in Hollywood and soon became a successful actress and model of TV and film fame. A lifelong competitive sport shooter, and now author, businesswoman, public speaker empire builder and visionary, Elena currently hosts her own show, “Women in Power” and co-hosts “The G&E Show” with her husband, Grant Cardone, bestselling author, entrepreneur and real estate investor. Together they have created a real estate portfolio of almost one-billion dollars.
Elena has been happily married since 2004 (July 4th to be exact – and the fireworks have never stopped) and lives with her husband Grant and their two daughters, Sabrina and Scarlett in Miami Beach.
It’s especially bad for female CEOs.
Subscribe to Fortune –
FORTUNE is a global leader in business journalism with a worldwide circulation of more than 1 million and a readership of nearly 5 million, with major franchises including the FORTUNE 500 and the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For. FORTUNE Live Media extends the brand’s mission into live settings, hosting a wide range of annual conferences, including the FORTUNE Global Forum.
Fortune Magazine is published by Time Inc.
Subscribe to NTV Kenya channel for latest Kenyan news today and everyday. Get the Kenya news updates, discussions and other exciting shows.
Website: ntv.nation.co.ke || Paper: Daily Nation || Twitter: @ntvkenya || Facebook: NTV Kenya || Instagram: NTV Kenya
#NTVToday #NTV #NTVNews
Johannesburg, South Africa
1. UPSOUND: (English) Carolyn Menyape, Job head hunter: “This is Carolyn Menyape from Active Blue. How are You?”
2. Various of Carolyn talking on the phone at “Business Head Hunters”
3. UPSOUND: (English) Carolyn Menyape, Job head hunter: “Maybe to get outsiders to come in and do the whole human consulting,”
4. Wide of Carolyn’s office
5. Carolyn working with co-worker Marjory.
6. UPSOUND: (English) Marjory: “So this person coming in �. it’s a new position that they have created – must have experience with assessments.”
7. Various of Carolyn and Marjory working
8. Poster of Active Blue – 100% BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) on the wall
9. Various of Carolyn interviewing Constance an applicant for a banking job
10. Various Johannesburg skyline
11. Various of people walking on the street
12. Carolyn Menyape getting into her sports car, drives off
13. Various of Carolyn driving
Alexandra township, Johannesburg
14. Carolyn driving into Alexandra township Johannesburg
15. UPSOUND (English) Carolyn Menyape, Job head hunter: “I hope my uncle is there.”
16. Various of township
17. SOUNDBITE: (English) Carolyn Menyape, Job head hunter:
“Some of the people don’t really want to get out of it and I think that is really sad. Because once you are out of it (Township) like is nicer, its more brighter. Some people do want get out but don’t know how to.”
18. Carolyn with her cousin Vivian,
19. UPSOUND: (English) Carolyn Menyape, Job head hunter: “Oh, you have grown so big!”
20. UPSOUND: (English) Vivian, Carolyn’s cousin: “You must come and see my work”
21. Various of Vivian showing Carolyn her artwork
22. UPSOUND: (English) Carolyn Menyape,Job head hunter: “I am definitely going to give you lots of work.”
23. Various of Carolyn saying goodbye to Vivian
24. Various of unemployed people
25. Old woman cooking
26. Young mother with child
27. SOUNDBITE: (English) Sankie Mthembi-Mahanyele, Former Housing Minister, Deputy Secretary ANC (African national congress):
“We were in a system where education was not free. The house system was not free at all. So we had to come up with new policies and new laws. First, to repeal and get rid of apartheid exclusive laws and to come up with democratic legislation, that would allow this new government to then introduce an atmosphere were you operate on democratic principles.”
28. Downtown Johannesburg, pedestrians crossing the road
29. Carolyn at her mother’s house
30. Family drinking tea
33. Close up of her son
34. SOUNDBITE: (English) Carolyn Menyape,Job head hunter:
“Being motivated, being strong, and not being easily influenced because its so easy in this country. There are so many people in our country who are our age and are taking the wrong route in terms of negativity, they blame their past for what is happening in their future. You know, we have been oppressed, we have been beaten up.”
35. Carolyn and her son
36. Margory and Carolyn dancing in a discotheque (night club)
37. Various of people dancing
38. Wide of dance floor
Twelve years after abolishing Apartheid, South Africa is still struggling for equality in the job sector.
The South African Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) says the economic disparity between whites and blacks still remains.
Carolyn Menyape is one of the rare success stories who has worked her way out of the township and into a top job in Johannesburg.
Carolyn Menyape is a successful businesswoman.
She runs a job hunting firm in Johannesburg, finding suitable employees for clients such as banks.
That includes not only the black majority, but also the asian community, those of mixed race and some white women as well.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/1d662152c4b8708c5e4396b46c80b7e5
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Recruitment and Women In Business – Ellie Doyle – TalentHub – Talent Recruitment
In this video, we sit down with Ellie Doyle, Founder and Board Director at TalentHub to learn about her and her business.
TalentHub is a recruitment agency based in Dublin with a focus on the Digital and Technology space. They work across all industry sectors, placing the very best talent in Digital Marketing, Sales, Ecommerce, Product & Project Management, UX Design Solutions, and more.
We discuss recruitment, women in business and how her business has a large focus recruiting talented employees for her clients.
Ellie also shared how she feels businesses will change and evolve after the Covid-19 pandemic with her experience as an advisor for IrelandTogether.
Want to get in touch with Ellie?
You can connect with her on LinkedIn or visit her website for more information on recruitment.
Learn more about us and the services we offer at ProfileTree by visiting our website!
ProfileTree – https://profiletree.com/marketing-agency-services/
Did you enjoy this interview?
You can watch more of our award-winning interview series by clicking any of the links below!
The Women in Business summit organised as a prelude to TiEcon Kerala 2019 pointed out the necessity of women’s participation in society, especially in Kerala where women are encouraged to enter the business and political activities